Peter Corbett is the founder and CEO of iStrategyLabs – a digital agency that develops solutions to clients’ challenges and brings them to life in the online and offline world. He’s widely known for his marketing acumen coupled with a deep technical background, and a focus on community building. His client work includes brands like NBCUniversal, USA Network, Sam Adams, Disney, ESPN, ABC, NPR, PBS, GE, Microsoft, NASDAQ, Intel, GEICO, American Eagle Outfitters, Pinkberry, Honest Tea, Coca-Cola, Crate & Barrel/CB2, Chase, Rosetta Stone, The US Army, Deloitte, McKinsey, Volkswagen, Audi, Ford, Hilton, Double Tree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Marriott, Sweetgreen and more.
His experiences as a programmer beginning at age 9, designer at 12, concert producer and b-schooler in college, TV producer and ad agency strategist combine to provide a perspective that can only be described as strikingly disruptive.
A tireless champion of innovation, and disruptors everywhere – Peter has become a globally sought after speaker and mentor. His network extends deeply across the US, into Finland, Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, India and beyond. He remains a definitive connector and leader among Washington DC’s creative and technology community having spent years as a grassroots organizer driven to build a healthy ecosystem for entrepreneurs in the nation’s capital.
He has mentored half a dozen startup accelerator classes, advised hundreds of early stage tech companies, founded the massive DC Tech Meetup, and created the 12,000+ person DCWEEK festival.
He’s frequently called upon by media such as Good Morning America, Time Magazine, NPR, the Washington Post, CNN.com, Inc. Magazine, WIRED and GigaOm to provide his perspective on technology, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Peter has also won multiple industry awards and accolades including:
- 2015 Most Innovative People in Events by BizBash
- 2015 CEO of Washington Post’s Top Workplaces
- 2014 CEO of Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year
- 2014 Power 100 Most Influential Business Person in DC by Washington Business Journal
- 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year, Emory University
- 2013 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting “Davos” Global Shaper Participant and Speaker
- 2013 Advisor to the EU Commission on Digital Social Innovation
- 2013 Advisor to the Singapore Government’s eGov & Open Data Initiative
- 2012 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of New Champions “Summer Davos” Global Shaper and Speaker
- 2013 Power 100 Most Influential Business Person in DC by Washington Business Journal
- 2012 Power 100 Most Influential Business Person in DC by Washington Business Journal
- 2011 Global Shapers of the World Economic Forum
- 2011 40 Under 40 by Washington Business Journal
- 2011 30 Under 40 by Bisnow
- 2010 Power 30 Under 30™
- 6 Addy’s for digital and experiential campaigns
- 2 Living Labs Global Innovation awards
- 1 Webby Honorable Mention
- 1 Pioneer Institute Better Government Award
- Named Technology Advisor to DC Mayor Vince Gray’s Transition Team
- Named Technology Advisor to DC Mayor Vince Gray’s Economic Development Team
- 3x named one of the most influential Washingtonians under 40 by WashingtonLife
- 2x named one of 100 Tech Titans by Washingtonian Magazine
- Named one of 25 Doers, Dreamers and Drivers by Government Technology Magazine
- Named as Advisor to Code for America
- Named as Advisor to Civic Commons
- Named as Advisor to Commons for Europe and Code for Europe
- Named as Advisor to Apps for Europe
- Won Great Washington DC Board of Trade’s “One To Watch” award for being “A rising entrepreneur who has a bright and sustainable future in Greater Washington”