Now at 10 years old, Facebook continues to see impressive growth (with the biggest story being explosive mobile ad revenue) — but what about global expansion? We pulled data from Facebook’s Advertising Platform (“estimated potential reach”) and the United States Census Bureau (up-to-date population counts) to look at global penetration across the top 50 most populous countries. Take a look at the infographic below to see what we found. Enjoy!
- Facebook’s biggest growth opportunity exists in countries like India, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Nigeria. China also presents a massive opportunity but only if current regulations change and Facebook is allowed into the country.
- That said, there’s still significant growth opportunity in the U.S., Canada and UK (all at 56% penetration).
- Malaysia & Argentina are the two non-English speaking countries that show greater than 50% penetration.
- Fun fact: North Korea shows 8,000 users.
- While this data comes directly from Facebook’s Advertising Platform, there is no way for us to estimate or take into account any potentially “fake” profiles.