In the spirit of SXSW, iStrategyLabs created for Mobile Future an infographic showcasing major milestones in the app economy, a relatively new segment of the mobile marketplace. “All About Apps” highlights the latest stats and facts around usage, downloads, and its contributions to economic growth.
Some key stats included below:
- In 2007, the app industry didn’t exist. It took nine months to reach 1 billion apps downloaded. By year’s end, two billion apps will be downloaded—every week.
- The apps economy has created at least 500,000 U.S. jobs and will grow from a $25 billion marketplace this year to $46 billion in 2016.
- The average mobile American has more than 100 apps on their smartphone—and spends, on average, 127 minutes a day using them.
Full infographic below:
Want to see more? Check out some of our other mobile-focused infographics:
- 2012 Mobile Year in Review
- Mobile Data Growth and What it Means For You
- Growing Demand for Wireless Spectrum