This year, mobile tech and wireless innovation stole the spotlight. For the third year, iStrategyLabs produced for Mobile Future the Mobile Year in Review, an animated recap highlighting some of the most remarkable moments in mobile from 2012.
Some highlights include:
- More than half of Americans now own smartphones.
- At 31 million tweets, the American election was the most Tweeted event in history.
- This Thanksgiving, Instagramers shared a record 10 million photos.
- Apple sold more mobile devices this year than they’ve sold computers ever.
- Mobile data usage doubled in 2012 and over 50% of all mobile data is video.
- The U.S. leads the world in next-generation mobile.
- NASA’s Mars Rover checked-in on Foursquare from Mars.